Re: Crystal's new chip

From: Joseph J. Welser <jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com>
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 18:28:35 EDT

> The one with the built in ROM is the one my friend has already laid out a PC
> board for, it was while asking questions on that one that he found out about
> the release of the new one.

        This DOES sound like the perfect chip for this kind of thing (Now that I understand what pitch bend is...) It actually changes my project plan drastically, since you've convinced me that this is the way to go. Gotta love those Crystal chips!

        There still is little bit of a practicality "problem" now, in that I need original sound boards to make the samples. Or, more likely, people need to volunteer to sample the sounds of the game that they have.

        This gives me a nice opportunity to take a break from this project for a week or so and fix a few games. Also, I just got those schematic pages that you sent me in the mail, Zonn, and I'll use those to finish up my Verilog model (You were right, those are MUCH clearer than the ones that I have....)

        Meanwhile, I'll try to dig up some sort of preliminary release datasheet for that part here, so that I can have a better idea of what it's all about...

Joe