Re: CineSound Samples

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Wed Jul 23 1997 - 12:42:00 EDT

At 10:20 AM 7/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

> That should be easy. You can emulate a S2688 EXACTLY, if you want. We
talked about this one too a couple of months ago. (BTW, Zonn, I eventually
DID find a full-blown datasheet for the S2688 -- About 2 weeks ago, a lab
tech here was recycling old databooks, and I hit paydirt. Among the stuff
there was a Gould Electronics (who bought AMI) databook)

> Oh wait a sec, I forgot that you're sampling the sounds....never mind.....

No actually I just wanted to *store* the sounds as samples. I would like
(where possible) to create the sounds through emulation. Since most of the
sounds are square waves they're going to be a lot cleaner if I just create
the .WAV files under software, then play them back as samples.

There's only a few sounds that would probably be better to sample, like the
missle shot sound of Solar Quest. It's a very strange clipping circuit
that's probably not worth emulating in software.

So yes, I'd be interested in a copy of the S2688 noise generator data sheet!

-Zonn