Re: Omega Race runs in simulation

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Wed Jul 23 1997 - 15:10:33 EDT

> The encoder is a 64 position switch (or pot/AtoD conv)
> so unlike the quadrature inputs on Atari and Sega games,
> Omega Race's controller is an absolute angle.
>
> The mapping is bizzare, here is the encoding for an 8-way
> mapping of encoder 1
>
> 00 1C 40
> \|/
> 3C-+- FC
> /|\
> 80 9C C0

Interesting...

Where might I find a description of all 64 positions? (I've got a stack of
Omega Race boards to work on, but no controller. Given the above
information I'd just take a quadrature encoder and a PIC and have the
quadrature inputs step through a hard-coded table of the 64 "positions"...)

Thanks,
-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com