Re: cine sound schematics

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 19:01:00 EDT

At 03:37 PM 7/24/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Paul Wisneskey just scanned in the sound board schematics for me,
>so i've put them up on www.spies.com/arcade/simulation/schematics

Very cool! I wanted to do this a long time ago, but my homepage is max'd
for space.

>I have manuals for Solar Quest, Star Castle and Sundance, would
>anyone volunteer to do Space War, Star Hawk, and any others

I have most the manuals, Space War didn't come with a schematic for the
sound board (as far as I know). And speed freak might as well not have
either. The Star Hawk sound card has a couple of PROMs, on board, that will
have to be read in for anyone wanting to emulate the sound.

I don't have Barrier or Demon.

>Was every sound board unique?

Yup. WotW was a hacked version of the Star Castle sound board, making it
unique also.

I'm getting together with a friend on Mon. that has access to a flatbed
scanner, I'm sure I could scan them in then...

How about the CPU? The monitor(s)? How much storage does www.spies.com have?

-Zonn