Star Wars Sound ROM corrupt?

From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol_at_tir.com>
Date: Sun Aug 03 1997 - 16:52:33 EDT

I think there may be a problem with the currently available sound ROM
image from Star Wars labelled 136021.208.

The readme.txt says it has a checksum 9358 (hex) and my checksum program
says 1358 (hex). Moreover, it fails the Sound Card Self Test on an
emulator. Unfortunately, I had to give the Star Wars game I was fixing
back to the rightful owner already, so I can't verify this on
hardware right now. :<

Anyone with a game want to give this a shot, or compare their ROM to
the archived one? It might be that it fails the self test but still
works fine in a game. Otherwise I'll check it out when I get another
one in here.

Thanks a lot,
Frank Palazzolo

palazzol@tir.com