Asteroids Schematic ?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 13:57:53 EDT

While I now have my Asteroids Cocktail working, I have a spare non-working
board I would like to fix. I didn't see Asteroids schematics on jrok's page.
If someone could point me to them, or has them they could scan, I'ld
apprecaite it.

I'm guessing it's something simple. The screen starts out as a jumble of
vectors in the lower left corner, and expands to full size as the board
heats up. The test pattern, however, does not make sharp corners on the
left/right sides. This leads me to suspect a transistor in the video driver.

On the other hand, it looks like someone has already tried (and failed) to
fix this board. One of the pair of 470uf 25v caps in the video circuit has
already been replaced -- with a 100v that has been shoehorned in. And a ROM
is missing -- but one thing at a time.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/