Re: G-05 monitors

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 19:19:21 EDT

>All said and done if you're re-designing the board this should be an easy
>part to replace, (I wouldn't use either of the above) it just needs to
>switch positive and negative voltages. The current handling is not great,
>and can easily be calculated (I would if I had a schematic here in front
>of me).

Can the 4066 or 4016 type CMOS switches handle positive and negative
voltages? I remember these were in the old DVG output stages for Atari
stuff, but then they switched to the 13201 during the AVG era. I never
really looked into why they'd do that. (I assume the 13201 handled a wider
voltage swing or something.)

Anyone know the scoop on that? (The 4066 in particular seems very common...)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/