Re: G-05 monitors

From: Christopher V. Moore <cmoore_at_heartlab.heartlab.com>
Date: Thu Aug 07 1997 - 10:34:14 EDT

At 05:16 PM 8/6/97 PDT, you wrote:
>At 05:00 PM 8/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Zonn said:
>>
>>Yeah, that's what the +/- 25v circuit breakers were for. If the CPU card is
>>dead (or the monitor cable install backwards), the inputs float and as soon
>>as they overcurrent the circuit breakers blow. This genuis of a circuit has
>>probably killed many a monitor...

Hi All,

This is my first post to this list, and hopefully not the last if I can come
up with anything reasonable to contribute. :-)

Anyway, I have a question on the above. I bought a Star Castle about a year
ago that ended up having a dead CPU and the breakers pop, just as Zonn
describes above. I've picked up another couple of CPU boards, one being
a working Star Castle, and I've placed it in. I found a couple of dead
power transistors on the heat sinks on the chassis and replaced them.
The breakers still pop, so I put it down for a bit, and now a year later
I want to go back and finish fixing it.

My question is this:
Is there a trouble shooting guide for this monitor anywhere?

Thanks,
-Chris

--
Christopher V. Moore
Heartlab, Inc. - 101 Airport Rd - Westerly, RI 02891