Re: cine -> wg adapter

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Thu Aug 07 1997 - 14:05:00 EDT

At 10:27 AM 8/7/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Paul said:
>
>If you're going to put a processor in there, why not run an emulator on
>it and replace ALL the cinematronics hardware :-)
>

>I didn't want to put one in that would be fast enough to be able to do
>that. Is the analog clipping just a comparitor that clamps the deflection
>voltage to the screen edge(s)?

Yes, and you don't need it for the B&W games.

The circuit looks pretty simple, a TL081 and a power transistor (to sink the
current), and few resistors and things. On the Color Conv Card, the level
of clip is adjustable with a pot, and it's a very sharp clip.

Start with getting the B&W going, and add clipping, the Linearity and
Pincusioning stuff later...

-Zonn