Re: Axtarac spiner / joystick

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Thu Aug 07 1997 - 21:23:35 EDT

At 06:07 PM 8/7/97 -0700, you wrote:

>It appears from the schematics that the encoder in the spinner
>is the same as the joystick X and Y axis inputs, and they sure
>look like quadrature inputs...

 The designer of Aztarac must have been in love with encoders.
The spinner output is quadrature as is the X and Y joystick
axis. The top of the joystick looks identical to Gorf's but
the bottom has a two axis gimbal assembly which rotates two
large (2 1/2" dia.) slotted wheels. The opto-interrupters
are on two seperate small PCB's. It's the strangest joystick
I've ever seen.

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.com | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_