Re: amusing prices

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Fri Aug 08 1997 - 16:31:00 EDT

At 12:04 PM 8/8/97 -0800, you wrote:

>>Of course now your back to the $5.35 range of Digikey for the real thing
>>(the LF13331's).
>
>Yep, but I think the HI3-5045 is about $6 too, the difference being that
>they might be staying in production... Actually, Maxim might make a direct
>cross for the 13331... Their analog switch line seems pretty expansive
>now...

Well the LF13331N available at Digikey are now $7.49 (two months ago they
were $5.35), there quantity has dropped from 640 to 348.

But like the point Mark made about redesigning the Sega Sound cards, why?
He had more than enough Sega sound cards for everyone that wanted one on
vectorlist, and at the time he felt he could supply all of RGVAC.

348 LF13331's are admittedly not production quantity, but I'll bet it's
enough to fix every Cinematronics monitor owned by every person who will
ever read this e-mail. All without designing a daughter board, or hacking
your monitor.

But to each his own, I suppose if one want's to pay $6 for a part they have
to design a daughter board for, along with a couple resistors, a couple of
capacitors, and a diode, as opposed to $7.49 for one that simply plugs in...

A direct cross is of course another matter...

Or are we back to talking about designing a conversion card from scratch?
In which case you would be very foolish to design around the LF13331N.

I've somehow last track of what this thread is about... 8^/

-Zonn