Monitor capacitor failure analysis...

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 16:44:06 EDT

Have any of you ever taken any temperature measurements in an "average"
cabinet around the color WG monitor chassis and actually worked through the
life expectancy of "new" caps? (follow the temperature and aging stats of
the cap to whatever is considered a "failure" point?) Kind-of an MTBF, but
only on the parts in a Zanen "get well" kit...

I couldn't help but have my eye caught by the "miniature hour meter" on the
cover of a BG Micro catalog for $7.95 a pop... It'd be kinda neat to say
how many hours have been on a monitor since it was "recapped", but it'd be
most useful if we had some guestimate as to when the "next service" would
best be carried out... ;-)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com