Re: Frazee's XY auction

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 19:00:29 EDT

>i HAVE to ask this...
>
>Buttmonkey, WA 98683
>
>how is this town name pronounced?
>I assume it's not BUTT MONKEY

*snicker* Well, it's not actually a town, so I did write it down as
Butt-Monkey just for grins. I suppose you could prounounce it
"Butte-mon-kay" (Or "Mon-kay Butte"). The other two were obviously real.
;-)

Really though, as long as the letter is going someplace with a decent
population the mail is probably routed by ZIP only and will make it. We
used to use this fact when sending letters to friends in college-- make up
the most offensive city names possible, but use the real Zip... ;-)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/