RE: Bizarre Tailgunner (2) Experience

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 14:49:30 EDT

G'day Zonn (and all),

Excellent summary of neat (and precise) arcade trivia. So let's say we
disable the wait state generator on the Cinematronics platform so that
those awesome new games are possible. Does the speed (slew rate?) of
the monitor become the next bottle neck, since more complicated games
often have more objects?

So am I out in lala-land if I pose the question of a "universal I/O"
card that makes use of modems to communicate between two games? In the
most basic form woudl this be the equivalent to a PC's serial port? I'm
not limitting this question to just the Cinematronics platform. I'd be
much more interested in having this for the Sega XY platform (where
adding another card to the cage isn't impossible).

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com