RE: Bizarre Tailgunner (2) Experience

From: Scott Swazey <sswazey_at_qualcomm.com>
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 17:06:32 EDT

At 12:15 PM 8/21/97 -0700, Al Kossow wrote:
>..I was wondering, now that the 4 player Eliminator was available
>w/o SC, how long it would be before someone tried a net game of
>4 player Eliminator on the simulator :-)

Actually, I was thinking about this... A central server machine
would emulate the game, 4 slave pc's would each process the vector
commands and send back key presses.
         I've just finished a hacked up version of a Quantum
Emulator. No sound, and it runs slow on a 150Mhz PentiumPro
(Thanks to Zonn for SCALing routine), but you can play the
game... Anyway, has anyone written a sega vector instruction set
description document? I'm pretty sure I can do the emulation and the
network interface (using sun's PC RPC), but I really don't want to
reverse engineer the vector state machine.

-Scott

Scott Swazey QUALCOMM Incorporated Work: (619) 657-2419
mailto:sswazey@qualcomm.com V-209H Pager:(619) 683-5210