Re: Bizarre Tailgunner (2) Experience

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 18:43:36 EDT

On Aug 21, 3:38pm, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: Re: Bizarre Tailgunner (2) Experience
> [X-pilot]
> >While offtopic, I have to agree with Paul; I played this game a lot in
college.
> > That game rocks! It's more like Gravitar with kick! Maybe I can start
> >playing again as soon as I get that ISDN line installed ;-)
>
> X-pilot's cool, but my favorite example of a great multi-player game that
> really lended itself to workstation performance (at the time) was X-tank.
> You could make these god-awful complicated to control tanks with all sorts
> of armaments. Separate rotating turrets and direction control was *really*
> cool. :-) Of course once we discovered this little thing called "source
> code" everything got a bit out of hand... (It always reminded me of Bolo
> on the Apple II...)

Oh, NOW we're waxing nostagic when you mention Bolo on the Apple II...that was
a great game if you could master the keyboard controls (*sign*...Aquatron,
Conan, Aztec, MINER 2049, Raster Blaster...an AWESOME polygon game that could
be converted to vector would be ELITE! It's like a vector version of Space
Lords!)

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL