Re: vector monitors

From: Anders Knudsen <andersk_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Thu Aug 28 1997 - 11:49:44 EDT

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Al Kossow wrote:
<snip>
> One thing I'd be curious to see is the WG 6400 schematics
> to see if they did anything different in the deflection
> circuits.

I just got done talking to David Fish, who has a "multi-generation" copy
of the WG64 schematic. He is sending me a copy, but says that it is very
hard to read. Anywho, there is a description, courtesy of Dave Fish, of
the differences in components between the WG 61 and WG 64 monitors up on
Jess's web site.
Basically they beefed up some components, put two deflection transistors
for each stage and moved them off the chassis onto heat sinks. It does not
sound like it was the redesign to end all redesigns! I myself am working
on redoing the p314 deflection board. Not being into the cinn or sega
stuff, I have not considered the implications of creating a multi-purpose
deflection unit. So, I am going to continue to plug along with my WG 61
"bulletproof" deflection redo. I have a couple of viable designs down on
paper now, and am planning on doing some spice sims to make sure I get
what I expected.
Still its slow going when you have a million other things going on...
Hopefully I should have a redo ready to layout in a month or so! We'll
see...