Re: yoke resonant frequency

From: John Lee <johnlee_at_amaranth.com>
Date: Tue Sep 02 1997 - 22:24:34 EDT

Al Kossow wrote:

> this was just a computer simulation of the (simple) model I drew
> in my last message. What i'm going to do this week is use the WG
> deflection board to drive a WG yoke to see what the actual deflection
> amp characteristics are. I will also try driving a G08 yoke with the
> appropriate component changes (not at normal voltages, obviously..)
> to try to determine its characteristics too.

Al,
  Here is a shortened up schematic of when I was talking about using
mosfets
for the outputs to drive the yoke on the GO8. It uses MTW20N50E mosfets.
On
the subject of the kickback on the yoke, I replied with what I thought
was the
second question on a couple of replies ago. It basically is a question
of the
dampning factor like in an audio amp. If you see some of the counter EMF
or
kickback, its like an amp with poor dampning. Most audio amps have a
dampning
factor over 50.