re:BU406D's found!

From: Joseph J. Welser <jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com>
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 12:00:23 EDT

> David Shoemaker <davids@wolfenet.com> discovered that BU406D is
> available from Computer Component Source for $1.99 each (1.69 each for
> 12+ quantities; the minimum order is $20). They can be reached at
> 1-800-356-1227 (voice) and 1-800-926-2062 (fax). They are going to want
> a tax ID # for the order but maybe you can talk them out of that if you
> don't have one. Worldwide Components Network also lists them (no price
> given); try them at 201-854-4617.

        CCS DOESN'T need a taxpayer ID number. I ordered a dozen BU406Ds from
them 2 or 3 weeks ago. I just told them I was a private customer, and it was
no problem. No "talking out of" was necessary.

        I found their salsperson to be very friendly, and helpful (Of course I
was a bit biased because I was overjoyed about getting my BU406Ds) and when I
got the CCS catalog I saw that they carry what seems to be every computer
monitor flyback known to man. It makes me wonder if any of those could be used
for any XY monitors (Like the W.G. which basically has no available replacement)

        Hey Clay, didn't you buy "some other" flyback from Jeff Anderson a while
back that you were going to try out in a W.G. XY? Any luck?

Joe