Re: yoke resonant frequency

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 14:04:33 EDT

"As far as market goes, I don't care about the market, as I'm not trying to make
money from it. If we could make one, document how it was made, and have it
somewhat affordable, at least everyone would have the OPTION of having a vector
monitor, instead of resorting to scavenging warehouses (although that's fun,
too ;-))

I think we DO have common goals; to have a reliable display, but I don't think
it is practical or necessary to design a complete replacement monitor if there
is a replacement PC board for the deflection and HV PCBs. One thing I don't
have any real data on is how reliable the HV transformers in the designs other
than the Ampliphone are. Are most WG failures deflection and spot killer related?

I guess Greg and John probably have the most repair data of the folks in the
group..