Re: question

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Sun Sep 07 1997 - 21:45:21 EDT

. wrote:

> ok, I am intimidated by all the vector gurus on here, but I must ask a
> simple question.
>
> I just converted Tempest to MH. The display 'flickers' during certain parts
> of the gameplay,
> like when there's a lot on the screen (though not always), particularly
> during certain
> mazes. However, it's real stable other times.

Well, on Major Havoc there is a LOT of drawing going on during the maze.
Sometimes it can slow the
vector generator down enough make it approach 30 fps. That would cause
the flicker to become much more
noticable. If you look at the screen with your peripheral vision it is
really noticable.
  Did replacing the IC's on the conversion board fix the deflection
problem we had??

--
Jess M. Askey                  Unofficial Atari Game Page
ESLB/The Audio Analyst       http://links.magenta.com/havoc