Re: On to the experts...

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 12:21:37 EDT

Mit Matelske wrote:

> At 10:32 AM 10/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Mit Matelske wrote:
> >
> >> I have reached a stumbling block in repairing my first
> >> WG monitor. After replacing a lot on parts, everything
> >> seems to be working alright EXCEPT I am missing the
> >> bottom 1/4 (or maybe half) of my screen.
> >
> >Are you sure it's the monitor, and not the game board ?

An cheap and dirty test of this would be to reverse the X & Y inputs,
reduce the output levels before you turn on hte game, but the screen
will be a right angles to normal, but at least you can eliminate the
board as a suspect. You only need to move two wires on the monitor board
to get this result. This is for those of us too lazy to pull out a
scope.
I would suspect you have missed a cracked solder trace on your monitor
mother board. Please resolder ALL the connections on the underside of
the monitor motherboard to reomve this lingering doubt.
John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com