Re: Tempest Monitor Fixed -- Almost

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 13:47:15 EDT

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Al Kossow wrote:

> cavity (..and fibulation). If you're wearing rubber soled shoes
> in a resonably dry climate, you don't need to insulate your hands
> (this isn't 440V 3 phase power stuff..)

No -- its 19Kv. I assumed, though, that it was worse than dealing with
high-power AC. Am I wrong, because the current is so much less ?

> It really is easier to adjust these out of the cabinet, though,
> since you aren't really going to be able to see what you're doing
> while you spend the next hour playing with the convergence rings..

I was planning on having my wife stand in front, and tell me what was
happening. Frankly, even with the monitor out, I would want my head
behind looking at what I was doing, not looking at the screen with my hands
inside.

(Luckily, my wife LOVES playing these games. She'll sit down for "one game
of Asteroids" after throwing in a load of laundry, and still be there an
hour later.)

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/