LF13331 Symptoms

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 12:29:19 EDT

Hey all,

        I posted about a week back about my Rip Off losing the
negative Y deflection. FIguring this was just the output deflection
transistor, I replaced it, but no dice.

        I replaced the 3 transistors listed in the manual, swapped
the 2 DACs, and touched up all the solder joints in the vertical
deflection section of the board, but still the same thing. I checked
those 5 diodes in a row and all were OK, and I measured the resistance
across the tantalium capacitor, and it was also OK (it was the same
as the one on the horiz. deflection section was, and it wasn't shorted
or opened.)

        Now, I'm not exactly getting a half picture -- I'm getting like
a little over a half picture. I re-read the vectorlist postings from
a couple of months ago, and Zonn mentioned that the LF13331 was on his
"Most Likely To Die" list. So, what exactly are the symptoms of an
LF13331 going out? All the manual mentions is that they are, indeed,
likely to die.

Joe

BTW: The breakers never pop in this monitor -- the monitor can run
on and on and on just like this...

Joseph J. Welser jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Design Engineer -- Crystal Semiconductor Corporation
Ph.D. Student in E.E. -- University of Texas at Austin
Work: jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com http://www.crystal.com
P.O. Box 17847; Austin, TX 78760