Sega Multigame update (again)...

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 16:34:39 EDT

Hi all,

Just a little update. I have Eliminator running now with a Star Trek
control panel using Warp (left), Photon (right), impulse (fire), and fire
(thrust).

(Yeah, I know impulse and fire are swapped, but I'll look into that a
little later... It goes back to how much I want to hack on Tac/Scan and
Zektor to make them "conform" too...)

In the FYI category (this is mostly for Al, but it may apply to MAME
porters too):

The (mac version) simulator is missing "warp" and "photon" buttons. I
added a few lines to mac_interface.c and used keys 'g' and 'h'. Added INT
variables for photon and warp, and declared them extern to main.c. In
main.c, the Star Trek code returns a single button state depending on which
buttons are pressed, so you can't have multiple buttons pressed
simultaneously. I changed to the code to be more like the other games, ie:

        c = 0;
        if(thrust) c |= 0x08; // dunno if these masks are right, just examples
        if(fire) c |= 0x04;
        if(photon) c |= 0x20;
        return(c);

Al, I'll send you my source files back if you want my changes...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/