Re: Cine CPU exorsisor data up

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 17:14:48 EDT

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 14:01:18 -0700, "Ozdemir, Steve" <sso@dsc.com>
wrote:

>G'day Joe (and all),
>
>I agree that an FPGA is overkill. It'd be overkill for the universal
>Cinematronics control panel translator that I'm considering. But it's
>so convenient to design in workview....now getting to the point where
>you have just the EPROM initing and running the FPGA. That's a little
>harder.
>
>Looking forward to the Verilog model TODAY (and the PAL/GALs tomorrow?)!
>
> Steven S Ozdemir
> sso@dsc.com
>
>ps - Zonn, you had your chance when I brought the Cinematronics
>Exercisor (minus connectors of course) down to San Diego earlier this
>year.

I don't believe you were interested in *selling* it, you wanted it
reverse engineered as the "David the Man" has done. It didn't have time
then (and it's even worse now!).

So now I have a chance at owning one as does every well else, way to go
David!

>I forget who it was who told me that "Signature analysis for
>diagnosis sucks."

I was just quoting Joe, the technician that used to work at
Cinematronics. It was his job to fix all the CCPU returns. He said
when it worked it could pinpoint things pretty fast, but it only covered
80% of the board, and that it wasn't the end all to CCPU repair.

>To be fair, David did point out correctly that
>signature analysis won't work well in feedback situations...

Probably one of the cases Joe was talking about...

-Z

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures