Re: Cine CPU exorsisor data up

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 20:08:47 EDT

> 1) Find out if we have Synopsys FPGA compiler here. If so,
>my work is done (as far as the "guts" of the Exercisor go)

We just got a full Synopsis kit here-- I dunno if it has Verilog support
though. (Synopsis always seemed to license ABEL-HDL for low end stuff.)

> 3) If all else fails, I'll go back to good 'ol PALASM.
>I'll check on the prices of AMD's MACH series HD-PALs. I think the
>exercisor will fit on 3 22V10s (It has 27 outputs which actually
>toggle) and those run about $5 a piece, but a single MACH may be
>cheaper? Like I said before, if I do this, I need to convert
>my code to PALASM, but that shouldn't be too hard, since I've used
>PALASM before. I think my programmer can program MACHs.

22V10's are about $2.65 in small qty from JDR or Jameco. Atmel is making a
cheap one now based on their flash technology. When we were looking at it
it was around $.40 (!) in 10K/mo quantity. I don't know if we'll use it or
not though so I may or may not be able to get some pretty cheap...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/