Re: trivial binary compare pgm

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 15:15:10 EDT

>Or in DOS you can type:
>
> fc /b e12_prom e1_prom
>
>It's always work for me, those MAC people what can you say? (Sorry Al, I
>just had to say it! ;^) ;^)

Well, I'll be. That does work. Learn something new everyday... ;-)

Ah, so I shouldn't have been doing:

1) Telnet from PC to wwwpro.com, login to UNIX shell and compile compare
program.

2) Run compare program and re-direct output to file.

3) ftp file to PC

4) copy file from PC to NT server shared directory

5) mount shared directory from mac, grab file

6) Launch Word, search and replace UNIX EOL characters with Mac end-of-paragraph

7) Cut and past diffs into e-mail.

:-)

Oh, well. I least I didn't write write a new FTP client to get the file in
the first place. *grin*

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com