Re: "reference" checksums

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 19:27:49 EDT

>Was just thinking we probably should add checksum tables (or the CRC's)
>to the Sega EPROMs to Mark's and my Sega docs for known good sets (all
>but Zektor should be referenced against two or more dumps from different
>EPROM sets..)

Good idea, we're starting to get "permutations" in enough places that it
could get to be a problem.

On a related topic, the "bugs" in the cracked version of Star Trek turned
out to be a red herring-- there was a pre-release cracked version of Star
Trek that was being tested with the G-80 simulator on the Mac that I had
"re-incorporated" into the multi-game. So, long story short, Star Trek
(SC-free version) is safe for consumption. :-)

We are going to look into Zektor a little bit next to see if it's OK for sure...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/