Re: Bizarre Amplifone Problem

From: <Dangerwil_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 17:15:46 EDT

Hey guys,

   I have been experiencing a weird problem with the WG vector mons. It only
appears in a fast drawing game like SW and worse in ESB. The vectors shake
really bad and smear down the screen in the middle.

   From experimenting, I replaced every component one at a time from a good
monitor and found all the componenets to be good. It turns out that the tube
is the culprit. I even swapped yokes and that wasn't the problem. I got the
ampliphone yoke to almost converge, on the WG tube, but the lines are too far
off for me to be happy with it, and still smearing. And the darn tube works
perfect in Tempest.

   Luckily I have a few ampliphone tubes. Those guys really look sweet for
SW. Just my 2 cents.

Bill