RE: test

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Fri Oct 24 1997 - 20:05:35 EDT

>G'day folks,
>
>I'm not sure if the vectorlist is the appropriate place for tests.
>There's already enough traffic on this email list, and with the number
>of people reading these tests just chew up too much collective time.

*Gaaahhhh*

on over there. Geez, ton of traffic. Bunch of idiots though too. I
recognized a few people (Zonn, Neil, Al McCormick) but the S/N ratio is
pretty bad.

For what it's worth though, I managed to get the DOS version of MAME to act
as a test-bed for my menu-system code for the Sega multigame.

Ob. Weirdness-- I replace ROM 969.bin for Space Fury with my menu-code and
use MAME to emulate the hardware.

c:\mame29\mame spacfury -1024

Won't work. It craps out complaining that the ROM checksum is bad.

cd \mame29
mame spacfury -1024

Works. It gives a warning about the ROM checksum, but lets you continue.
Weird.

-Clay

P.S. Zonn-- better tell Neil to lay off the caffeine or something. His
"Toobin" dream is probably some sort of warning sign... Right before the
voices start telling him to "clean all the guns". ;-)

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/