Re: Amplifone help needed

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 03 1997 - 11:17:54 EST

<Joel's post snipped>

Hey Joel,

        Check your Video B+. It's supposed to be 180V. The installation
instructions (the original Atari ones, at least) say that after installing
the new HV transformer you should "Adjust the frequency of primary
switching to get a video B+ of 180V" You use R7 (I think that's it
-- it's the pot near the 555 timer) to do this. I'm thinking that your
colors might be overdriving because the Video B+ may be too high. I have
a similar problem (Deflection seems good, but I only get bright, white
vectors) that I've shelved for the time being, and it is definitely a
deflection board problem (My heater doesn't glow any different from
normal, though...)

        It's wierd that you're getting proper HV and bad heater voltages,
since they both come off of the HV transformer. Since you didn't mention
messing with R7 you might try it and see. Did you measure the heater
voltage, just for kicks?

Joe