Re: Amplifone monitor and Zannen cap kit

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 17:06:30 EST

Christopher V. Moore wrote:

> At 03:20 PM 11/19/97 -0600, jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu wrote:
> >
> >On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Dan Rasmussen wrote:
> >

> <text deleted>
>
> > Krazy glue might work. Usually I just don't worry about it.
> >
> >Joe
> >

> I seem to remember that Duncan Brown posted a warning on RGVAC not to use Krazy
> glue. It has something nasty in it that outgasses when heated with a
> soldering iron. I don't remember what it was. If Duncan gets this list
> maybe he can repost his message.

Instant glue, such as Krazy Glue, contains, cyanoacrylate.
Cyanoacrylate is a derivative of cyanide. The theory goes that if you
were to heat the trace (with your soldering iron) enough, it could
vaporize the glue, which would create cyanide gas. Which in turn, could
put an end to your video game habbit. Permanently.

I'm an engineer, not a chemist, so I don't know the validity of the
assertion. However, I'm not going to be a candidate to try it either.
:-)

I just run jumper wire when this happens to me. It at least has no
lethal potential. ;-)

Joel-