Re: Amplifone monitor and Zannen cap kit

From: Alan J McCormick <gonzothegreat_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 17:38:50 EST

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 16:43:23 -0500 "Christopher V. Moore"
<cmoore@heartlab.com> writes:
>At 03:20 PM 11/19/97 -0600, jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

>>On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Dan Rasmussen wrote:

>> Krazy glue might work. Usually I just don't worry about it.
>
>I seem to remember that Duncan Brown posted a warning on RGVAC not to
use >Krazy glue. It has something nasty in it that outgasses when heated
with a
>soldering iron. I don't remember what it was.

Krazy Glue (c) outgasses cyanide (as seen in Bhopal, India) when drying -
whether you let it air dry, heat it or use those fancy accelerator
potions. It would probably be safer to use something more heat stable.
Maybe a binary epoxy?

DB was right about cyanide gas getting in your eyes. Never use it to
repair your glasses :(

Virtu-Al