Re: My amplifone monitor... update

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 12:09:04 EST

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Dan Rasmussen wrote:

> I had hoped that the new transistors (Q16, Q17) had solved the problem.
> After watching the sparks (plasma) fly, I figured Q14 and/or Q15 were
> the problem. Sure enough, I pulled out Q14 and it was shorted all the
> way around (I think Q15 had problems too). The transistors on the other
> side of the board (Q4, Q5) seem to be OK. So, where can I find these
> parts: MPS-U07 and MPS-U57? The Woodcock/Scheive material I have looked
> at tells me that NTE188 and NTE189 are equivalent parts.

        I haven't used the NTE replacements (I have no doubt that they
work, though) but if the prices are too ridiculous (as the prices on some
NTE stuff is) you might try Competetive Products. I bought some MPS-U57s
from them a couple of months ago for like $1.50 each. I think they have
MPS-U07s, too, but for some reason, the U07s seem to be common around
here, so I just bought them from my neighborhood electronics store...

Joe