Re: My amplifone monitor... update

From: Kurt Mahan <kmahan_at_novell.com>
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 13:55:17 EST

> I had hoped that the new transistors (Q16, Q17) had solved the problem.
> After watching the sparks (plasma) fly, I figured Q14 and/or Q15 were
> the problem. Sure enough, I pulled out Q14 and it was shorted all the
> way around (I think Q15 had problems too). The transistors on the other
> side of the board (Q4, Q5) seem to be OK. So, where can I find these
> parts: MPS-U07 and MPS-U57? The Woodcock/Scheive material I have looked
> at tells me that NTE188 and NTE189 are equivalent parts.

Just to ask a silly question, aren't these mounted with mica insulators?
Did you put those back in (and heat sink compound)? (I've worked on a
couple of monitors that people omitted that step and wondered what went
wrong.. *poof*)

Kurt

/*
 * This version of Kurt Mahan is currently being evaluated. Words he speaks
 * are those of him only and not those of Novell or anybody else.
 *
 * Novell Java Technologies R&D Group
 *
 * Kurt Mahan