Re: Development stuff...

From: Kurt Mahan <kmahan_at_novell.com>
Date: Wed Nov 26 1997 - 15:56:23 EST

> On to the real reason I was writing this. As I was driving around
> yesterday I thought of another little PCB I want to do, but since it might
> be of "general" interest I figure I'd bring it up here...

Cool -- sign me up for a couple. Can I ask for a few things on it?

Lots of +5 and GND connect area. Seems like some of the boards I've been
working on just require a lot (multiboard sets, etc..) Currently I get this
growing "chain" of jumpers..

3 audio amps (I've never seen a game need over three -- gorf/wizofwor/etc
do need three though -- left/right/voice)

Inputs for CSYNC, VSYNC and HSYNC (combine V&H) and also have an inverter
for the sync. I use a '86 as I recall to combine, and an '04 to invert
in my little "does everything" video board. I've just got 2 switches on
the board, one for sync select (C, or H+V) and one for invert.

It would be cool to allow a little plug in module to invert the RGB too
(for those that might have to test nintendo stuff -- paul kahler had a nice
little analog inverter circuit).

I know -- we take a cool little project and make it grow.

Have you ever seen a PAT9000? (an Atari test piece). VERY impressive.
(and as my old roommate would say "Lots of switches and lights!")

If anybody knows where I can get one (doesn't have to be working) I'd
be very happy..

Kurt