Lunar Lander help...

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 27 1997 - 23:43:47 EST

Hey all,

        I've got a Lunar Lander which I've pretty much brought back
to life, but the last remaining problem is that the game only
displays the Lower-Left quadrant of the screen.

        I don't know that the monitor is good, but I HAVE swapped
in 4 new deflection transistors (the 2N3716 and 2N3792s) and that
had no effect. The game passes all self tests, and plays, but with
only 1/4 of the screen.

        I've checked all the voltages, and +5, +5 DAC, +15, and -15
are all good. I touched up most, if not all of the solder joints on
the deflection board, the monitor regulator board, and the AVG part of
the game board.

        I'm pretty much convinced that this is an AVG problem, but
I thought I remembered someone posting a fix for this sometime,
somewhere.

Thanks for any help...

Joe