Italian Cinematronics Game Boards

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Fri Nov 28 1997 - 15:53:26 EST

Someone from Sweden posted a couple of Italian Rip Off
boards a couple of weeks ago so I thought they might
be interesting to look at. It turns out one of them is
a Star Castle (called Space Fortress) and one is
unmarked (haven't read the EPROMS in yet to see if
they're different) The CPU board is the same one we
all know (and love?) but the other boards are completely
different layouts. The REALLY interesting thing is this
company didn't use the Cine monitor design THE ANALOG
SECTION IS ON THE SOUND BOARD! and they designed their
own power supply and X/Y monitor (at least the monitor
schematic has all SGS part numbers for the transistors)

He included a water-damaged copy of the Space Fortress
manual and schematics too, so I'll try to get them
scanned in and up on spies.

There are two different vector generators on the sound
boards (actually two different designs on the two
different sound boards I have to compare) One used DAC-80's
and one used National DAC-1221's

The star castle copy doesn't have any board markings on it
the other has this on the CPU and sound/vg board:

Elettronolo - VETTOR1
Elettronolo - FIRENZE