XY Monitors ?

From: Benny Parker <Benny.Parker_at_dalsemi.com>
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 22:56:05 EST

I have a working Tempest UR. The monitor has a broken neck.
We are all convinced there are more XY games than XY monitors
    RGVAC is loaded with people needing a way to run XY games.
People constantly ask how to run XY games on RGB, or TV.

       (ASBESTOS ON)
How about this for a solution.
1. MAME emulates the avgdvg section of the Tempest board.
2. Passively get opcodes/data lines from the appropriate places.
3. Read them into the PC thru a serial port or EPP.
4. Asynchronously have the PC execute the opcodes.

I realize there are some technological hurdles, and have thought this
out quite a bit.
Since this group is the premier vector group anywhere, I value your
opinions.
If this draws a LOT of heat, you may email me direct and we can discuss
my thoughts off-line.
It does involve the avg code in MAME and a PC. I don't think any extra
circuitry need be
placed in the PC. Thanks Benny Parker