Re: XY Monitors ?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 08:11:04 EST

> On Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:56:05 -0600, Benny Parker <Benny.Parker@dalsemi.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a working Tempest UR. The monitor has a broken neck.
> >We are all convinced there are more XY games than XY monitors

I've read a number of posts here about people who have transplanted new
tubes into old XY monitors. I'm almost certain one of them was a
Wells-Gardner.

Frankly, after having worked on my 2 monitors (Electrohomoe in an Asteroids
Cocktail, and WG in a Tempest), I think they are almost unkillable (as in
it's hopeless, throw it out). About the only impossible to find parts are
the flybacks -- and even those you can have custom-wound - if you are
willing to pay for it. There are replacement picture tubes available from
what I've read. The components on the boards are all replaceable. If you
manage to fryt he traces on the board, there aren't that many to jump, or
even to make a new one.

Have I missed something ?

Someone tell tell Benny where to get a replacement tube! :-)

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/