Re: Wells Gardner tempest hv cage

From: mayday19 <mayday19_at_IDT.NET>
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 11:14:21 EST

dpage@se.mediaone.net wrote:

> Well the problem is, that most ampliphone monitors were removed for
> that reason so there is less demand for them. But if you can get 100
> sold I will be happy to help get them produced.
> Yes the wells were far more reliable, but they are 15 years old now,
> and the flybacks are dieing.

cool, I personally will probably take at least 20 of those amplifone HV
transformers if you get them made. I have 10 SW machines with amplifones
and dead HV right now (dont ask), and a few extra dead amplifone monitors
I can put back into other games...and I will definatly want a few spares.
I didn't want to shell out $200 each for new wintrons, I will go broke!

I think the demand for amplifone transformers will be greater. people are
always looking for them. if you have a dead WG cage it isn't too hard to
find another one around for maybe $75, and if you find one at an
operator's, it will probably work. But an amplifone HV board is worth
about $200 because of the cost of the Wintrons, and if you find one at an
operator's, chances are it is going to be broken.

I have worked on lots of WG monitors and have only ever ran across 1 bad
transformer myself, I might take a couple because I still have that dead
cage and a spare would be nice.

Jeff

--
http://idt.net/~mayday19