Re: Who wants ampliphone flybacks ?

From: Mit Matelske <Mit_Matelske_at_BayNetworks.COM>
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 15:00:53 EST

At 07:47 PM 12/8/97 GMT, you wrote:
>On Mon, 08 Dec 1997 11:44:20 -0600, RWood54741@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>
>>dpage@se.mediaone.net wrote:
>>>

>>> It has been suggested to me that these are in high demand. I will
>>> have them made if I can presell 100 of them. Cost would be around
>>> 85-90.00 range each. Let me know if you would be interested in any.
>>
>>I can use three or four at that price.
>
>I would also buy 2 or 3. If they work. Does this off shore company realize
>that these HV are a bit different than most every other HV transformer made?
>
>They must go into heavy resonance at the proper frequency (I'm not sure what
>that frequency is, somewhere around 20khz I would guess). The regulation
of the
>HV is dependent upon this characteristic. There is no feedback regulation in
>the amplifone HV design and a normal flyback HV is not going to work.
>
>I have no idea how one winds an transformer for resonance. My guess is that
>alone, a coil without a capacitor is not going to resonate, it probably needs
>that "magneto resonato coilo thingo" to be in tune with the HV
transformer. The
>offshore company must somehow take this into account.
>
>-Zonn
>
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
> |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
> / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures
> / / //\\ // (__)
> / ---/ // \\ //\\ // zonn @ zonn . com
> -------| // \\/

Excellent point! I would also be interested in a couple (or 3), but how can
we determine the quality of these transformers. The way I look at it is that
the original manufacture screwed it up so bad, an uneducated third party could
easily make the same (or similar) mistakes in reproducing the transformer.

Could we get a sample and run a marathon test on it or something? Anybody
want
to run one of their games for a few weeks straight?

Just spouting off...

Mit

btw : Anyone know what a used HP 16500A (I think) logic analyzer costs?