re:Signature Analysing Question

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_nortel.ca>
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 19:08:00 EST

In message "Signature Analysing Question", jess@magenta.com writes:

> So, can I even use this beasty to test sig's of the address lines etc? I
> really wanted to use this thing to find bad LS245's when they report bad
> RAM's but I suppose I bought the wrong item? Anyone have a CAT box?

You can test the '245s w/ the HP easily. Simply read your signatures
on the CPU socket instead of the originating node. If you read a bad
sig, check the originating node to make sure the sig is good there.
If its bad at the EPROM, it'll be bad at the buffer, guaranteed.

You can also test the 2114s w/ the HP. However, it's much easier to test
them w/ the CAT (sorry, none for sale). To test the RAM you'd need a
special 'F8' ROM (old Apple ][ term) to write the sig patterns into the RAM.
Then you can test them like they were a regular PROM or EPROM.

Cheers,
Mark