Re: Quantum restoration in progress (Beg, borrow, or steal post)

From: Bill Esquivel <mrbill2_at_telis.org>
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 02:46:19 EST

Now before I get labeled as a real dork, have to set the facts for this
one.... It all comes back to Gaymond "I will sell any game for a fortune"
lee. He bought the quantum cabinet and wanted the overlay. I did not want to
sell it. I did offer a trade to him. I offered him a nice tapper and the
overlay for 1 of his 3 full color tappers..

well, if you have never deal with gaymond, its like pulling teeth. Eventually
he tries to turn this into a "I want to buy this for myself and never sell it"
and then a " I would really rather pay cash than trade away 1 of my 3 games"
sort of deal. So that is where the $600 figure came. It was enough cash that
gaymond would not pay and get him back to thinking about selling tappers for
$1k instead of quantums for $2k...

Once gaymond decided he was not going to sucker me into giving the overlay
away, he traded the quantum to someone for a zookeeper and some other
desirable game. (not to bring up the subject of busting deals, we had agreed
to meet on this deal. All that was left was establishing the condition of his
and my cabinet. Hmm maybe I should flame him...... ;-> )

So back to the facts. My intention was never to sell the overlay. I would
consider trading it. An ideal situation would be my finding a converted
quantum so I could use the NOS overlay and keep it. (MY quantum has a nice
overlay, but it has some edge cracking). Later, Bill