tempest

From: mayday19 <mayday19_at_IDT.NET>
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 16:52:30 EST

I brought the Tempest in from the cold (that is why I didn't want to look
at it before :) turned it on, started a game, and reconnected the aux
board connector. When I played a game about half the sound effects were
missing. That made it a little obvious.. put it into selftest and sure
enough there was a "P" on the screen..

It works fine now, but now I have a SW board with only 3 POKEYs. :>

That reonnecting the aux board thing should be in a Tempest rapair faq or
something. Otherwise the machine wouldn't go into self test because you
couldn't select 'self test' from the menu unless you spin the spiner.

Why would it work fine after doing that? The sound effects were still
missing but at least the spinner would work... I guess a data line was
stuck because the POKEY was broke and doing that just unstuck it?

Jeff

--
http://idt.net/~mayday19