Re: tempest help

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.com>
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 01:51:25 EST

Back in the old days, when these games were new, when I had to replace a
dead opto and none in stock, we would cut the INFRA -Red LED out and
replace it with a "Grain of Wheat" light bulb (model trains). This was
hooked up to the +5VDC line, and as the bulbs were originally run at
12v, they are still running today. I first used this trick on the old
Track Ten driving game that had separate LED's...(some folks used #47
bulbs.)
John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com