RE: Sega Multigame and Vector Generator Card...

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 13:09:47 EST

>I still like Paul's idea of having intensity differ within any given
>vector, even if we can't make vectors fade to black (due to speed
>constraints of the monitor). If I may speculate for a moment, wouldn't
>it be difficult to specify via software how you wanted the intensity for
>a vector to change? Let's say I wanted the intensity to increase slowly
>for the first third of a vector, stay at the highest level for the
>middle of the vector and finally return to the original intensity in the
>last third of the vector.

You know... Some sort of little hardware "color gradient" would be pretty
interesting. Probably be best just to have the PC do it and use some
dual-port RAM as a pallette DAC. Could always tie something to the line
length counter to sweep the color palette as the line is drawn. Pretty.
;-)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com