Re: Sega Multigame and Vector Generator Card...

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 18:27:14 EST

"Comments on this are most welcome. Unless you think I need to be
locked up :-)"

..makes sense to me, it looks like a reasonable compromise between 1 and
and full add.

there is another hack that you can do if you run out of internal state
which I did on a programmable state machine for a disc controller I
designed; use an 8 bit wide FIFO as a recirculating storage register.

if you always use the same number of items in the same order, you can
push them into the fifo, feed the output back to the input, and they
'sit and spin' :-)

so.. you push the operands into the fifo in the order you use them,
and they flow through the state machine a byte at a time. use a
12 bit path to the DACs, and double buffer it (or use double-buffered
DACs) and you're done. (just a simple matter of a little programming :-)