Defender RAMs

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Thu Jan 08 1998 - 17:09:26 EST

Hi Clay,

A while back, you had a web page that described how to hook up 4164 RAM
to Williams games. Do you still have this page up somewhere? I need to
install these chips into my Defender, and I didn't have the pinouts of
either chip handy, so I thought your how-to guide would be a great
resource. And now, of course, when I went to look for it, I couldn't
find it anymore. :-(

If it's not up anywhere, could you email me the information, if you
still have it around?

BTW, a while back, I bought a NOS WG HV transformer from Gaymond. I
haven't had occasion to use it yet. I thought I was going to need it,
before I learned much about WG HV units (i.e. they almost never fail).
At any rate, I remember you saying that there are WG look alike HV
transformers for this monitor that played a cruel joke on you, because
they look the same, or similar, but were not in fact the real McCoy so
to speak. How would you tell the difference between the real part, and
the incorrect one? I want to make sure that mine is a valid
replacement.

Thanks for any info!
Joel-